Thursday, October 2, 2008

Of Patch Notes and Murderball

By now everyone in the community knows we have a game update incoming today. Probably the things that stand out to me are the EULA skip, easier reporting of gold spammers, and better chat window. These might seem like minor changes to others, but I'm a huge fan of getting rid of the spammers. It is quite annoying while in a scenario reading some chat and get hit with a wall of blue text selling gold.

Right now I am trucking through some tier 2 content. The chapter 5 public quest in the Marshes of Madness. The elite rewards is the sweet staff, Ancestral Crook. That is a pretty sweet staff for some PQ grinding.

As always getting in the queue for the Battle at Mourkain Temple. It is an absolute blast! As a Rune Priest I get lots of healing practice in, the downside is I don't seem to gain a lot of experience. I don't know if this is because I am lower rank and xp scales or if its based on damage done. In any case my least favorite thing is turtling with the artifact. It gives a damage buff and you get more points if the artifact holder kills people. Give it to the Bright Wizard and let me go nuts. When I have it, I DoT up as many Destruction as I can in hopes of killing them while others are attacking them. Others in the scenario were telling me to stay back but that takes all the fun out of playing the scenario.

WAR has been nonstop fun and I can't wait to get back in there when I get done work! Bricks and Lava!

No comments: