Monday, October 13, 2008

City Sieges and Scavenged Seeds

The WAR community is all abuzz this morning on the recent Altdorf siege on the Averheim server. Mr. Jacobs does a great job on commenting on this achievement. He lets us all know that they will be reviewing the information regarding the siege. After reading a lot of blog posts and forums regarding the siege I have come to my own conclusion:

Congrats!

It's a pretty big deal to organize that many player to pull off a 7 hour event. They were able to take the city but were unable to slay the king, still a very hefty goal to obtain. Some players are saying that the system is broke or it is due to faction balance. What it comes down to is the fact the players took the initiative to siege that city and were successful. Mythic has put a lot of options before the player and it is always up to the player on how they want to enjoy their game. This can be anything from open RvR to Scenarios to running PQs. The one thing I can only think of to make my experience more enjoyable is a better notification of when keeps in my tier are under attack.

To change gears a little here, I recently switched from cultivation to scavenging on my Rune Priest. Holy gold Batman! I have already jumped to 83 scavenging in one sitting. My inventory has never been more full than ever. I am most definitely going to be rolling an alt just to grow seeds. The only thing I have to worry about is the grueling grind from 1 to 50 cultivating on vendor bought seeds. Now that I am sitting on a little pile of gold what should I spend it all on. I do tend to use money on renown gear but recently I have been mixing renown and PQ influence gear. That stuff just seems to have a lot of toughness on it. At 20 I will be buying my mount for 15g, but what else is there after that?

No comments: